Are you looking for a wild camping trip where you can explore a new area & enjoy unique experiences? At Wilton Farm campsite, not only do we believe that your camping experience should be as natural as possible but that you really get a taste of what the South Devon area has to offer. We believe Wilton Farm is a magical place and have never tired of working the land after 50 years. The area became even more special when a family member was married on site in 2014. In fact, it was that experience where so many people fell in love with the space that we were inspired to open it up to others.
What wild camping looks like at Wilton Farm :
- Secluded location allowing you to “get away from modern life in a beautiful location”
- As a traditionally run farm, through the season we have ducks and chickens that you are welcome to feed & go on the hunt for eggs!
- In keeping with our belief to make your stay as natural as possible and to ensure as little damage to the land, we do not have any hookups and run eco-friendly facilities (including a composting toilet sourced from Quirky huts)
- Campfires are welcome at Wilton Farm. You can even cook up some homegrown veg on your fire from the farm shop. We also sell logs in the farm shop which can be used in a campfire or on one of our recycled BBQs
- Just at the bottom of Game Hill you’ll find the Glade. We work with what nature has provided us here & arches have been made from the plants that grow naturally by the stream. A family wedding took place here in 2014 but today campers use the space to relax by the stream & soak in the natural woodland
- We have private access to the estuary meaning any water lovers can bring small boats, canoes and kayaks to explore the wildlife on the Kingsbridge Estuary (seals can often be spotted in this stretch of water)
- It is very important to us that we maintain the natural wildlife and as such embarked on a joint project with others in the area to aid with the threatened Cirl Bunting population. This endeavour has been highly successful and the species are now thriving in the area
- There are no lights on the site which means you have unspoilt star-viewing opportunities at night. It’s amazing how much more you can see when you’re away from artificial light
- The South Hams is well known for its Areas of Natural Beauty with many of these in easy distance of the campsite. There are stunning beaches such as Mill Bay (which was also used to repair landing craft in WW2) which is also a dog-friendly beach nearby
We launched in August 2015 and received such wonderful and heart-warming feedback from visitors. We are so pleased that they have experienced the beauty and magic of this area and hope that others will come to love it as much as we do :
|“We have just returned from the most wonderful long weekend. This is a charming site in an idyllic rural location… The location is quiet, remote and extremely beautiful with views across the estuary to Salcombe (pretty at night)…This basic back to nature campsite is not for everyone, but WE LOVED IT!! and will definitely return. If you like to get away from modern life in a beautiful location then this is the site for you.”|
|“Stayed for six nights and had a magical holiday exploring the farm and local area. Great views, and we were made really welcome by our hosts. We enjoyed discovering the creek and ‘The Glade’ in particular”|
Take a look at some of what makes this such a special campsite :
Ready to book? Review our prices & booking form or drop us an email with your preferred dates at email@example.com
* Whilst Wilton Farm provide access to the creek, we hold no responsibility for any equipment used and customers access the creek at their own risk.
**Payment on arrival. We hold no responsibility for any damage/loss of equipment when unattended.