We are delighted to be able to welcome you to Wilton farm campsite from 4th July. To keep our campers and staff safe and to keep infection rates low in our area we have introduced some new measures in line with the latest government guidance. We thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time and look forward to seeing you in the coming weeks.
- To ensure the safety of our campers we will be limiting the number of campers to approximately 1/3 of the campsite’s capacity. We are sorry to say we will therefore not be able to offer walk-ins this season and ask anyone wanting to visit Wilton farm to please book in advance. This will help us ensure numbers are limited to a safe level.
- To book please book through this website, email email@example.com or call 01548511431. We will reply with a welcome email setting out our measures for this season. We will not be taking deposits in case of changes to government policy which requires us to cancel bookings. Instead we will ask you to pay by cash or BACS on arrival.
- Non-contact check in
- To avoid unnecessary risk to campers and staff we will be moving to non-contact check in. Methods for payment will be detailed in the welcome email.
- Sensible social distancing
- We ask if each group could please position tents approximately 5m apart- preferably around edge of the field to ensure safety of fellow campers. We are opening a further field this season, please spread out where possible. We are afraid that we aren’t able to offer additional measures for campers who are shielding.
- Please maintain a 1-2 m distance from campers who aren’t part of your group
- Please keep dogs under control to minimise contact between groups
- Use of facilities
- We will be carrying out regular deep cleans of the facilities, please bear with us during these periods to avoid any risk to our staff
- We will be providing hand sanitiser on the outside of toilets, showers and the powder room- please use before entering and on exiting. We will also provide anti-bacterial spay inside toilets in case you want to spray the toilet before use. We will not be providing towels this season to avoid sharing of toiletries.
- We will not be charging for showers this season to avoid unnecessary use of cash
- We will be keeping our farm shop open but ask you to please only touch produce you wish to buy and pay exact change in the box provided. Hand sanitiser will be provided on the outside of the shop, please use this before entering and on exiting. BBQ’s will still be available to hire and we will provide details of safe handling in the farm shop
- Please queue outside of facilities with only 1 person/group entering any facility at any one time.
- We are sorry to not be able to offer farm access beyond the camping fields this season (including the glade) as limited resourcing has prevented safe maintenance. We will also be unable to offer access to farm buildings for use of electricity to limit the risk to our staff.
- We are sorry to say that we will only be able to offer disposal of food waste, dog waste (in biodegradable bags), nappies and recyclable plastic this season for the safety of our staff. We remain passionate about the environment and would ask you where possible to take other recycling waste and general waste offsite. There are recycling centres in Kingsbridge and on the road to Prawle.
**If you have any of the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), please do not travel **
We ask you to please follow these measures for a safe and enjoyable stay and from all at Wilton farm wish you all the best during these times.