There is something for everyone in this wonderful part of the country. Whether you’re a nature nerd (which we as a farming group are!), a water-sports nut, a history hunter or just love a bit of quirky shopping, there is something for you! Have a look below at the range of local attractions on offer!
- Nature Trails :There are plenty of walks around the area so do bring your walking boots! We will be posting up trails very soon so keep a look out!
- Eating & Drinking : We are personally big fans of the Pig Nose Inn in East Prawle where there is fantastic food, drink and an unparalleled atmosphere! Many a famous musician have in fact graced this pub and it is very well known for it’s musical prowess. One such famous musician was Paul Weller! Another Paul has also sung here…our very own Paul Evans! He has a fantastic voice and after a pint may well provide some 60s classics…whether you want him to or not! We are just a 10 minute walk away from an extremely cosy, award-winning pub, the Millbrook, based on the estuary in South Pool. Head down the road there for a lovely selection of real ales and gins, an open fire, pub ducks and gastro-food! The lovely folks at the Globe Inn, just down the road in Frogmore, also have a lovely pub with wonderful & affordable family grub – it’s well worth a visit!
- Birdwatching: In addition to Slapton Ley which offers fantastic lookout spots for bird watchers, our area is also famous for the Cirl Bunting. This species nearly became extinct but the farm, and many others in the area, worked together to ensure it’s survival and we’re happy to say today that they are thriving!
- Water/Sailing : The famous sailing town of Salcombe is very nearby and for those sailing fans among you, this is a fantastic day out! You can easily get to Salcombe via the passenger ferry at Fisherman’s Cove. There is car parking available right next to the ferry entrance. You’re also more than welcome to bring your own equipment to the campsite as we have access to the creek that leads down to the estuary. Do feel free to call us to ask any questions in that regard! If you’re a bit of a surfer, kite boarder or any other sort of extreme sport, you’re not far from Bantham – there are also surfing lessons available for those who are new to the sport!
- Beaches : Of course it wouldn’t be a holiday without a trip to the beach! There are many to choose from but as locals, we would highly recommend Mill Bay, Fisherman’s Cove & of course Bantham (great for surfing!). You can see where Agatha Christie got inspiration for the backdrops to many of her plots!
- Literature : Talking of Agatha Christie, South Devon is her homeland and undoubtedly inspiration for many of her tales of crime & deception! You can visit Agatha Christie’s holiday home in Greenway or perhaps visit the Potent Plants Garden at Torre Abbey, a garden inspired by Agatha Christie’s different potions in her books with plants that are designed to kill or cure!
- History Hunter: Well we at Wilton Park Farm have some of our very own interesting history from ghost tales to famous individuals who’ve graced the area (check out our ‘few fun facts‘ section for more of those tales!). Furthermore you’re near the very famous Slapton Beach where the D-Day landings were practiced. Bigbury is also a short drive away where the famous Poirot once graced the very luxurious hotel on the Island
- Kids : There is a huge variety of activities for kids in the area. Woodlands Leisure Park offers a great day out of adventure, Crealy Great Adventure Park gets kids right back to nature, Paignton Zoo & Living Coasts is a large zoo with animals from Rhinos to Meerkats!
- Quirkiness : Now if it’s a bit of quirkiness you’re after then there is only one place for it – Totnes! Near the old arts college in Dartington, Totnes offers fantastic art & independent stores that match with the artisan feel of the town. On last look there was an Alice in Wonderland themed café, a Harp Centre and a market that you cannot go to without indulging in the tasty foods or picking up an odd item from the bric-a-brac style stalls. There are few high streets left like this in the country and we highly recommend a visit!
Ready to book? Review our prices & booking form or drop us an email with your preferred dates at email@example.com
* Whilst Wilton Farm provide access to the creek, we hold no responsibility for any equipment used and customers access the creek at their own risk.
**Payment on arrival. We hold no responsibility for any damage/loss of equipment when unattended.