We want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible and as such, have a range of facilities & features to ensure you do! We’ve been working hard to upgrade our facilities for 2019 – sprucing up our farm shop, and putting in new toilets and heated showers to make your stay even more comfortable and enjoyable than before!
We now also have hot water on site for pot washing, helping to make long stays with us even more comfortable than before.
It is also very important to us that we make as little impact on the land as possible and to keep it equally beautiful today as in the future. As such, where possible, we ensure we use the facilities with the least impact on the land as you’ll see below.
Key facilities & features
- Vast 8 acres of land giving you the pick of the plots with no chance of overcrowding!
- The views are…well… incredible! Take a look at the ‘about‘ section to see the view from the main camping field (called Gullet). We haven’t tired of seeing that view after 2 generations working the land!
- A fully stocked farm shop with fresh produce. This includes fruit, vegetables, seeded bread, white bread, bacon, sausages, baked beans, milk & ice creams. We also have fire lighters & coals for the BBQ
- We have facilities to freeze your ice packs – just ask on arrival! (or of course if you have anything else to freeze, just ask!)
- In keeping with our ideals of impacting the land as little as possible, we have made the decision to install multiple compost toilets which is far more environmentally friendly.
- Heated showers operate on a 50p per shower charge
- Hot water for pot washing is also available for a 50p per use charge
- We welcome tents both large & small as well as motorhomes & caravans. n.b. we have made the conscious decision not to provide hook ups due to the environmental impact to the land
- We have a designated area for BBQs with logs or coals available from our farm shop. Our aim is for you to experience the full beauty & relaxation in this wonderful setting and what better way to do that than a BBQ with views across the rolling hills?
- We are a dog-friendly campsite.
- If you’re a bit of an adventurer & fan of the water, we have easy access to the creek which leads to Kingsbridge Estuary. You’re welcome to bring your own water equipment (e.g. canoes, kayaks, small boats) if you fancy a trip on the water.*
- The glade at the bottom of the farm is a magical place. In the daytime, it’s the perfect location for a picnic and a stroll down to the creek for a paddle or a walk across the stepping stones up to the fields opposite. In the evening, you can create a relaxed ambiance with tealights and relax on the stage in the centre of the glade. Read more about the glade & slipway here
To really get a feel for what the area has to offer, have a look at our local attractions section to get inspired about all the fantastic things to see & do!
If you’re looking to explore the area stopping off where and when you like but haven’t yet thought how you might get around, then check out O’Connors Campers. They have a range of beautiful campervans, including some restored ones from the 60s and 70s, kitted out with all the essentials that can take you around all the wonderful parts of South Devon.
Ready to book? Simply select the start & end date on the calendar or form below. No upfront cost – pay on arrival!
–Pitch price per night for all bar single tents includes 2 persons & 1 car. For single tent bookings, you are welcome to bring a car!–
—For extra adults we charge £7 per night—
–For children aged 2- 17 we charge £1.50 per night—
–There is no charge for children under 2 and so no need to include them on the booking form–
**PLEASE NOTE : If you have any questions around costs before you book, do contact us here**
* Whilst Wilton Farm provide access to the creek, we hold no responsibility for any equipment used and customers access the creek at their own risk.
**Payment on arrival. We hold no responsibility for any damage/loss of equipment when unattended.